My passion for yoga began in 2003, when I started a physical practice to balance the stress of instructing downhill skiing six days a week for the winter and fighting forest fires during the summer. During my yoga teacher training I had a serious car accident, which led me to gain a deeper understanding of yoga. My healing journey became manageable with a regular practice of breath work, meditation practice and physical postures. This dedicated practice brought me relief from pain and more mental clarity.
Despite having healed from the car accident, I fell ill again within a couple of years, this time an illness no doctors recognized. The simple practices of yoga allowed me to function and recover from what many would call an auto-immune disease, better know as Lyme Disease. Yoga continues to be my healing path, one I wish to share with others. It is my intention to serve others with these teachings, from my heart and contribute to increased happiness.
My studies involved a 200 hour Iyengar Level I/II Instructor Training, followed by a 200 hour Kundalini Yoga Level I Instructor Training. Kundalini Yoga led me into studying the Beyond Addictions program, with 160 hours of training, I am gaining knowledge and experience to assist in the delivery of the program. Since completing basic 200 hour training programs, I have pursued an 530 hour certification in Yoga Therapy, and Yoga Therapy Intensive training. It is my hope to share my passions and enable others along a healing path to self development, awareness and a higher connection to their life purpose.
- Iyengar Teacher Training ~200 hrs
- Kundalini Yoga Level 1 Instructors ~200 hrs
- Beyond Addictions, Kundalini Yoga Therapy ~160 hrs
- Structural Yoga Therapy~50 hrs
- Yoga Therapy ~530 hrs
- Spiritual Healer’s Training ~2 yrs (Dr. Jelusich)
- Pranayama workshop ~25 hrs
- Reiki Level 1
- Basic Shamanism~20 hrs
- Canadian Yoga Alliance, CYA-YTGOLD-1000 hrs, CYA-Yoga Therapist
- International Association of Yoga Therapists
- International Kundalini Yoga Teachers Association
First Aid Training
- Heart and Stroke Instructors’ – BLS
- Red Cross First Aid Instructors’ – Standard First Aid & CPR, HCP-CPR, Oxygen Therapy, Blended Learning
- Emergency Medical Responder~ AB & BC
“Be the Change you wish to see in the world” ~Gandhi